Friday, March 25, 2005

He Has Won It

Just got back in from our joint Good Friday service with the church down the road. I wasnt really looking forward to going, have been slighlty depressed all week. However, it was a good service and I am now glad I went.

As part of the service our worshp team did a choir song. It was called Jesus Won It All, its a hillsongs number and despite only finding out I was leading it last week and there being no PA team or equipment set up till 30 seconds before the service it went quite well. My cheeks do this wierd Elvis type tremble when I'm nervous and it was out in force tonight! LOL But we got through it and people seemed to really appreciate it. None of us would label ourselves as singers but I hope God was pleased with our effort.

A lady came up to me afterwards and has asked us to sing at an event in October which i was amazed about as it kind of was an answer to prayer. I left the worshp team as a singer last year. I have been on teh team a few years and have gone through a lot of changes. I had a lot of reasons for leaving and feel I let the devil get in and bite me in the backside! I have since joined the PA team. I wouldnt class myself as a natural singer but have been told God has given me a gift and been told off for not using it. I have concerns of what people 'think' my motives are when I am singing up front, so I have stopped. However I have felt I have let God down and so have prayed for the opportunity to sing outside of our own church...so when the lady came up to me afterwards I was taken back!!

There are still many issues to overcome but I realy want to work for God and stop letting Him down......please pray for me that I will remain in Gods will and that He will open the right doors for me in whatever area He wants me to be in.

Have fab easter

:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home